We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
cup all purpose flour
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
lb beef for stew (leg, shoulder), cut into 1-2 inch pieces
garlic cloves, mashed with the skin or lightly chopped
teaspoon sweet paprika or to taste
teaspoon chili powder or to taste
oz white onion, chopped slightly
lb potatoes, quartered
carrots, clean, trimmed, cut into equal slices
Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a bowl.
Add the meat and mix to cover well.
Place the meat in the slow cooker.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
Cover the pot and let cook on the low setting.
Let cook for 10-12 hours.
Serve with rice, pasta or quinoa, though it's not necessary. Don't forget to serve with warm bread to dip in the stew.
- Remember to cut the meat into equal sized chunks so that they cook evenly.
- Though the slow cooker doesn't require attention, it does need a bit of time. I recommend starting it the day before or early in the morning.
More About This Recipe
- People tend to believe that stews are complicated, but they really aren't. If you use the traditional method, you might need a little more time, but with the help of a slow cooker all you'll need to do is add the ingredients and set it to cook. Besides being a favorite, it's also economical and can satisfy the whole family.
Weight Watchers Beef Stew In The Slow Cooker
Beef Stew is one of my all time favourite recipes. My mum has always made the best stew and last week we had Stew in the slow cooker. It was so tasty and I made double recipe so we could eat the meal over a few days.
Today I am sharing this fantastic Slow Cooker Beef, Carrot & Parsnip Stew. It’s pointed for Weight Watchers.
This Beef Stew recipe yields approximately four 1.5 cup servings, has approximately 260 calories per serving or 4 Weight Watchers points.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours.
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds (960 g) trimmed beef chuck, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chunked carrots
- 1 cup (250 ml) red cooking wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In a small mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and cubed meat. Toss well. Add to the hot oil and brown on all sides.
Remove browned beef from the skillt ans trasnfer to the slow cooker. Top with vegetables, then pour in beef stock and add bay leaf. Stir.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Stew
- 2 ½ pounds (1.44 kg) beef round steak,fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 ¼ cups (310 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 10 oz (300 g) package frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat greased skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the meat and cook until brown.
Transfer cooked beef to greased slow cooker.
Add vegetable oil to the same skillet. Add remaining beef and cook until brown. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
Add sliced carrots, potatoes and leeks.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine 1¼ cups of water, the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, beef bouillon and cayenne pepper. Mix well and pour over mixture in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 7-8 hours.
Turn heat to high. In a small mixing bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons cold water. Mix well. Stir into mixture in slow cooker. Stir in thawed peas.
Cover slow cooker and cook for a further 15 minutes or until sauce thickened and sugar snap peas are tender.