- Oily fish
This is a great way of sprucing up tinned salmon. Enjoy in a burger bun or with a side salad.
300 people made this
- 450g tinned salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch crushed chillies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried basil
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:25min
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salmon, eggs, parsley, onion, breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of basil and crushed chillies. Form into 6 firmly packed burgers, about 1.25cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of basil. Serve with salmon burgers.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(368)
Reviews in English (278)
Tasted great and easy to make and tastes great with tuna too-21 Oct 2011
by Carol Raivetz Newman
In order to reduce the fat in this recipe, I baked the burgers at 325 degrees F. for 10 minutes, then turned them and baked them for another 10.-12 May 2008
I've tried a few salmon burger recipes and will stick with this one...the patty actually sticks together and the flavor is good--especially with the lemon/basil mayo. Will make this again.-09 Feb 2007