- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Chicken breast with a layer of mozzerella cheese wrapped in smoked bacon.
Gloucestershire, England, UK
3 people made this
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 to 4 rashers of smoked bacon
- 1/4 packet mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (Fresh or Dried)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Lay down enough rashers of bacon to cover the length of the chicken breast. Make sure they overlap by about 2 to 3cm.
- Place the chicken breast across the rashers of bacon about 8cm from the top.
- Place sliced mozzerella on top of the chicken breast and wrap the bacon around to create a parcel.
- Peel the onion and slice into quarters. Crush crush the garlic. Place these into a glass ovenproof dish.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion and garlic and sprinkle the chives on top of the chicken.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. Enjoy :D
Serve with cheesy mash, roast potatoes or baby potatoes and a selection of vegetables
Replace smoked with un-smoked bacon
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Altered ingredient amounts.I made this for myself and my hubby,so i used a whole onion and 2 garlic cloves.-03 Feb 2011
This was quite nice,i thought i had chives in,but i hadn't,so i used some dried parsley just to give it a bit of colour.I would make this again though and i think that the chives would make all the difference-03 Feb 2011