- Meat and poultry
A great Korean noodle recipe. I used these vegetables here but you can use whatever vegetables you like.
2 people made this
- 250g Korean jab chae sweet potato noodles or rice vermicelli
- 750ml water
- 100g lean beef, cut into strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into 5cm thin sticks
- 2 spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Boil the water and add the vermicelli noodles. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are clear and soft. Drain in a colander, let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water. Cut the noodles 2-3 times.
- Sauté beef with a little oil, garlic, pinch of salt and black pepper. Then sauté individually the carrot, onion and spring onion with a small amount of oil each, along with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Put the noodles into the bowl; add the sauce ingredients mix well.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (3)
by Buckwheat Queen
Always happy to be introduced to new (at least to me) gluten free noodles. These will become a frequent menu component in my house. My package said to cook for five minutes, so I followed the package instead of the recipe. They are more like a glass noodle than starchy rice versions. I didn't follow step 3, I just sautéed everything together instead of each single ingredient separately. I added a bit of rice vinegar to the sauce but it is good as written. I added hot peppers and bok choy to the sauté. Thank you for the recipe.-01 Jun 2017
I love this have made it a few times now and its great. I take it to party's and it always goes down a treat-25 Sep 2014(Review from this site SE Asia)