- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Tomato soup
- Easy tomato soup
Serve this quick and easy soup as it is, or purée half and return to pot for a smoother consistency. Serve topped with freshly grated parmesan.
64 people made this
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1L (1 3/4 pints) water
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:20min
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in oil 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, water, stock cube, rosemary, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Make it vegan by using a vegetable stock cube instead.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(32)
Reviews in English (28)
Altered ingredient amounts.I added 1 medium onion and 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika-15 Mar 2009
Delicious recipe! Used basil instead of rosemary. Added some heavy cream. Blended everything with my immersion blender. Topped with a garnish of celery leaves. Fantastic! Thank you LIZZIE-LIZZIE for posting!-23 Oct 2013