- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
A white chocolate version of the classic favourite, loved by many, and a real treat with a cup of tea. Replace the macadamia with almonds or cherries for variation.
41 people made this
- 125g butter
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100g Billington's® Golden Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g Allinson® Nature Friendly Plain White Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 50g macadamia nuts
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and baseline a 20cm square baking tin.
- Place the butter and half the white chocolate in a bowl. Rest the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. Leave until the chocolate and butter is melted, stirring occasionally to mix. Remove the bowl from the pan and leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the chocolate and butter mix and whisk well.
- Sift in the flour and salt, and then add the remaining chopped white chocolate and macadamia nuts. Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden/blonde brown. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (1)
I used blanched hazelnuts rather than macadamia nuts, to cut down the richness a touch. The given quantities didn't really make 20 pieces for me - I would suggest upping the quantities by 50% to achieve that (and it would then fill a standard baking tray a touch better, too). But it really is delicious!-28 Oct 2013