- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Berry cake
- Blueberry cake
This cake is a praised favourite in my family. A lovely blueberry cake that benefits from a cinnamon-scented crumble topping.
9 people made this
- 55g butter, softened
- 150g sugar
- 1 egg
- 280g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 120ml milk
- 230g blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 100g sugar
- 45g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 55g cold butter
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:55min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- For the base, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir this mixture into the butter and sugar alternately with the milk.
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the mixture into a greased 23cm cake tin and smooth out.
- For the crumble, cut the butter into small pieces. Quickly mix it with all the other ingredients with your fingertips to form a crumble topping and spread over the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (2)
very nice, took a little longer than 45 mins though - will have again!-09 Sep 2012
A definite thumbs up for this recipe.. it's fab! soft, moist and very tasty-07 Feb 2012