- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Courgette soup
A simple vegetarian soup for the whole family with courgette, spinach and potatoes. In a pinch, you can use frozen spinach.
164 people made this
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 500g courgette, diced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 150g spinach
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- 225ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and saute the courgette and onion until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach, potato, parsley and stock and simmer for about 20 minutes. Puree in a food processor or using a hand blender.
- Stir in the cream, and heat, but do not boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (15)
Yum! Used fat free fromage frais instead and worked fine. Whole family enjoyed for dinner (including 5-year-old son and 18-month-old daughter). Will definitely make again.-19 Mar 2011
Very good, quick, easy, and beautifully balanced.-06 Mar 2012
Great soup! I made this and it was a massive hit in our house, even with my six year who says that she doesn't like courgettes!-07 Aug 2011