- Dish type
- Chocolate cake
A classic marbled German cake that looks like what it says on the box - the Danube's waves. Flavoured with cherries, vanilla cream and chocolate covering, this is much easier to make than you might think.
17 people made this
- For the cake
- 250g butter
- 250g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 350g plain flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 level tablespoons cocoa
- 1 jar of sour cherries, drained
- For the cream
- 1 sachet Angel Delight, vanilla flavour
- For the decoration
- melted chocolate
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:35min ›Ready in:50min
- Beat butter until fluffy; gradually stir in sugar and eggs. Mix flour, baking powder and add to the mixture.
- Grease a baking tray or one lined with baking parchment. Spread half of the mixture on the prepared baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Mix the cocoa with the remaining mixture and spread over the light mixture. Use a fork to mix the light and dark mixtures together to create a marbled effect. Drain the sour cherries, spread them across the cake mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Mix the Angel Delight with the milk according to the instructions on the packaging and remove the cooled cake from the oven. Finally, coat with melted chocolate to taste.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(6)
Reviews in English (1)
Great taste and easy to make. Used whipped cream in place of vanilla pudding (not stocked locally), and added at last minute-04 Jun 2015