- Dish type
A nice juicy traybake that you bake with other jarred fruit instead of gooseberries, if desired. The lovely cream layer isn't overly sweet, thanks to the soured cream, which lends a nice tartness.
3 people made this
- 5 eggs
- 150g sugar
- 150g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 sachets Angel Delight, vanilla flavour
- 750ml milk
- 150g sugar
- 600g soured cream
- 1 jar gooseberries in juice
- Apricot Baking Glaze, such as Dr Oetker
MethodPrep:25min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a swiss roll tin or a 20x30cm baking dish with baking parchment.
- Separate eggs. Beat 5 egg yolks and sugar until fluffy. Beat 5 egg whites until stiff. Mix the flour and baking powder and fold into the yolk mixture. Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the prepared tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the Angel Delight with the milk and 150g of sugar (or use less sugar to taste). Stir the soured cream into the pudding mix. Spread immediately over the baked pastry base. Drain the gooseberries and spread evenly over top. Cook everything in the oven again for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, coat with the glaze coat and allow to set before cutting into slices.