We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Fruit muffins
- Lemon muffins
Lemon muffins are one of my favourite kinds of muffin! They taste wonderfully lemony and I find the raspberry makes them lovely and sweet too. Perfect for when raspberries are in season.
8 people made this
- zest of 2 large lemons (about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125g soft butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 250ml buttermilk
- 14 raspberries
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Add the grated lemon zest and 1 teaspoon vanilla to a small bowl, mix and stand for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5 and grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, stir butter until fluffy, stir in the sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and stir for 2-3 minutes. Now stir in the egg, followed by the buttermilk (do not stir at the highest level since the whole lot is very liquidy at this stage). Finally, stir the lemon zest and vanilla mixture.
- Now, fold in flour mixture using a spatula and mix everything thoroughly by hand. Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full). Place a raspberry in the middle of each muffin and press down gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a skewer comes out clean.