- Meat and poultry
- Beef mince
I took this recipe with me when I moved out of home. Serve with creamy garlic mashed potatoes.
64 people made this
- For the meatloaf
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 500g beef mince
- 100g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon jarred chilli
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 220g dried breadcrumbs, or as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the glaze
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
MethodPrep:40min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:2hr10min
- Place diced onion into a large microwaveable mixing bowl. Add butter and cook on high for 2 minutes until onion is translucent. Add mince, egg, herbs, ketchup, chilli and Worcester sauce.
- With clean hands mix the mixture together and slowly add the breadcrumbs. Keep adding them til the mixture is firm but still sticky/moist. Cover mixture with cling film and place in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes - longer the better.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a jug or bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased loaf tin and bake in oven at 200 C / Gas 6 for about 1 hour. Check after 30 minutes and drain any fat that has come to the surface.
- Ten minutes prior to finishing (at 50 minutes) turn the meatloaf out onto a baking tray, and pour over the glaze and return to the oven for the final 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
This was a lovely surprise as I wanted to do something different with Mincemeat as my husband always asks for cottage pie which gets boring so was looking forward to trying meatloaf as never made. This recipe was easy to follow and had a sweetness about it. I had slight problem as some of the mincemeat stuck inside of the loaf tin so next time I will use grease proof paper. Will make again.-14 Aug 2017