- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Fruit biscuits and cookies
- Apricot biscuits and cookies
Anzac biscuits are a tradition in Australia. This recipe makes around 15-20 biscuits depending on size the balls are rolled.
1 person made this
- 150g margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 160g oats
- 125g plain flour
- 150g raw sugar
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 75g dried apricots, diced
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Melt margarine and golden syrup in microwave.
- Dissolve bicarb in boiling water.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add the water and bicarb mixture to the melted margarine and golden syrup. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix till combined.
- Roll into small balls, place on greased baking trays, then flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes (don't over cook).
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
lovely variations easy to make-23 Jul 2015
by Johanna MacKinnon
I love this recipe, I have made it with and without the coconut, with and without apricots. I use a spoon size scoop and the cookies melt out and become deliciously chewy.-23 Oct 2017