- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Berry cake
- Blueberry cake
I love baking! This is a fab recipe for mini cakes flavoured with lemon zest and studded with blueberries. If you want, you could swap the blueberries for raspberries or blackberries, and the lemon for vanilla.
Be the first to make this!
- 60g plain flour
- 180g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 150g ground almonds
- 5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 200g melted and cooled butter
- 150g blueberries
- To serve
- 100ml whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:45min
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Lightly grease a 12 hole non-stick muffin tin.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar into a large bowl, then add the lemon zest and almonds. Stir to combine evenly then make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg whites and butter to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined - don't overbeat. Fold through the blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool for five minutes then place on a wire rack.
- To serve: Whip the cream with the 4 tablespoons of icing sugar. Add the vanilla. Place little cakes on a plate with a dollop of cream.