- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate, Chocolate and more chocolate in a cookie. The cocoa can be doubled for a richer chocolate flavour.
17 people made this
- 150g butter
- 160g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 190g self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 175g chocolate chips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Beat butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Fold in flour, cocoa and choc chips.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on trays. Flatten balls with fingers or a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 15 minutes. Do not overbake! Cool on wire racks.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Chocolate chip cookie video
Watch our easy step-by-step video and see How to make chocolate chip cookies that are soft, chewy and gorgeous every time!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (4)
I LOVE this recipe!! So easy and the results are AMAZING!!! Having made them for a family celebration recently, I've been requested to keep us all in constant supply!My oven is seriously hot, so I bake for about 12 minutes before removing and letting them sit for 5 minutes. Crispy on the outside, soft inside. Perfect!-20 Aug 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)