- Dish type
- Pies and tarts
- Puff pastry
These fab sausage rolls are quick and easy to make, and are flavoured with fresh sage. Enjoy for a party or in a packed lunch!
22 people made this
- 6 pork sausages
- 5 sage leaves, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 packet puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg, for brushing
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Take skin off pork sausages and mash. Add chopped onion and sage leaves combined well.
- Use one or two sheets pre-rolled pastry and cut the pastry lengthways in half.
- Put sausagemeat down centre making sure there is an edge left.
- Wet edges with either water or beaten egg, then fold over and seal with seal at the bottom of roll. Cut into sausage rolls (any size you like).
- Snip one or two openings on top with scissors and brush with egg.
- Put on baking tray lined with parchment, and bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for about 10-15 minutes until pastry is nicely browned.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Thank you Des. I live in the US and our pork sausages are used for breakfast links and are very fatty.. too much for a sausage roll. I generally buy a pork roast and grind my own to get them leaner. Like you, I only add sage, salt & pepper and my husband loves these. I do follow the advice of my mother in law and grate a small, peeled onion with a cheese grater and drain off the juice. This way, your onion cooks completely and gives them a really nice flavor. They are so good and it reminds us of home.-08 Jun 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)