- Dish type
- Frozen desserts
- Ice cream
- Vanilla ice cream
Rich, creamy and oh-so-vanilla-ry. It's totally scrummy. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe.
7 people made this
- 350ml milk
- 250ml double cream
- 2 vanilla beans
- 5 egg yolks
- 125g caster sugar
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:45min freezing › Ready in:1hr15min
- Put the milk and cream in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Lightly rub the vanilla beans between your fingertips to soften them. Cut the vanilla pods in half lengthways and put them in the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat and bring the mixture to simmering point. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl until light and foamy. Whisk in a little of the warm milk and cream. Add the remaining liquid, reserving the vanilla beans and whisk to combine.
- Return the mixture to the cleaned saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Strain into a bowl. Scrape the vanilla seeds from the split pods into the mixture and stir through.
- Allow to cool before churning in an ice-cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (1)
Well if future kids is the case (which I hope it is <3 = ) can someone say future marriage ^_^-25 May 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)